Saturday, May 9, 2009

Barb, Anne, Mike & Chris at the Revlon Run/ Walk

Saturday, May 9, my sister Barb, her friends Anne, Mike & Chris walked in the 16th Annual Entertainment Industry Foundation REVLON Run/Walk for Women Los Angeles.
The Shadow & I went downtown to meet up with them and get some photos. Having lived and worked in Downtown Los Angeles, I knew where to find free parking.
Car parked and locked, Shadow & I headed to where the streets were blocked off. Two blocks away, my eyes began to tear up at the sight of the estimated 50,000 participants from all walks of life, united by the common dream of finding a cure for women’s cancers.
Barb & I had earlier agreed to keep in touch by mobile phone, so I called to see where they were on the route, then I walked up to the corner of McClintock and Jefferson to intercept them and get some shots.



The Revlon Run/Walk is Los Angeles’ biggest fundraiser for women’s cancers – distributing nearly $55 million over the past 15 years.







I saw so many people carrying signs or wearing shirts commemorating the lives of their beloved mothers, sisters, aunts and friends lost to women's cancers. Barb wore her Bowling For Boobies 2008 t shirt and had printed some cards with the BUSTED Foundation website to pass out to other participants. I hope one day the BUSTED foundation fundraising events will grow to such a grand scale!

No comments:

Post a Comment